Do-It-Yourself Sub Slab Depressurization kit
This kit contains all the difficult to find bits to complete your own Do-It-Yourself Active Slab Depressurization radon mitigation system.
These systems have demonstrated up to a 99% reduction in indoor radon levels. Just add Schedule 40 pipe, pipe cement and some sweat equity and you can start breathing safe again. Health Canada strongly recommends hiring a certified C-NRPP radon mitigation professional. Professionals are able to properly determine airflow and fan sizing requirements, seal radon entry paths, identify potentially deadly back-drafting situations, and properly seal building envelope penetrations.
However - if hiring a pro is not an option, following the DIY manual included in this kit gives you a good chance at constructing a radon mitigation system that is both safe and effective. Be sure to consult with a pro if you have any questions relating to the safety of your system.
- A Step by Step Manual - Protecting Your Home From Radon In Canada - Doug Kladder
- Elastomeric sealant indoor tube – 300ml
- Uniseal 4" Bushing – fits Schedule 40 pipe
- RN4 Fantech fan inline radon fan
- 2 X Flexible couplers – fits Schedule 40 pipe and HP190 fan
- Bracing kit with 2 noise reducing ring clamps, 1’ threaded rod, 2 ceiling plates, 8' of web strapping
- Electrical cord (8’ 2 prong for HP190)
- Electrical strain relief
- 4” U-tube manometer
- Sound reducing foam insert
- Varmint guard – fits Sched 40 pipe
- Label kit and radon mitigation system information packet
- CO montitor